Luckily there are easy and practical ways to make sure our luscious manes make it through winter.
- The No.1 Culprit for dry, brittle hair during winter is the heater when you spend long hours with the heater on; chances are most of the moisture in your hair and skin will be depleted. How can you protect both your hair and skin from the eminent effect of in-house heating? You can counteract it with a humidifier and by turning it down a bit.
- Avoid washing your hair with hot water as this, too, will render your hair lifeless, use lukewarm water instead. Also, you can wash your hair less frequently and always remember to dry your hair thoroughly before you expose yourself to cold air.
- Make it a ritual to replenish your hair with essential nutrients and indulge in a deep conditioning treatment once a week. This will not only leave your hair immediately shiny and silky. If you do this consistently during the winter months, it can counteract the effects of extreme weather and temperature changes.
- Protect your hair. There are plenty of ways to protect your hair from the damaging elements of winter weather, such as wind, rain, and snow. You can also do it fashionably by wearing your favorite beanie, wool hat, and by wrapping a scarf around you. Another fantastic tip is that you can use products with silicone designed to maintain your just ironed sleek hair in place to protect your hair. The minute particles will seal the follicles of your hair, thus giving it extra protection to external elements.
- As usual, remember to trim every eight weeks to maintain your hair healthy and free of split-ends.