Whether we are choosing our clothing items and accessories, or contouring our face and deciding upon a specific haircut, getting to know our face shape will help us highlight our best features and look fabulous. Learning how to complement our face shape.
There are six common types of face shapes: round, square, diamond, heart, long or oblong and heart. I am very sure that you have seen diagrams before, however you might have wondered about the accuracy of your own face shape diagnosis. After all, our faces are not exactly a heart or diamond shape as they are shown on paper and many times they fall in-between shapes.
In order to make it easier for you we have found a mathematical way to calculate accurately your face type. There are a couple of points however we would like to mention first.
1) Make sure you do not use a soft ruler, any stationary 12 inch ruler will do.
2) Use the ruler parallel to your face. Do not lean the ruler on your cheeks, forehead, chin or any surface of your face as this will skew the results.
3) Don’t worry if the results are not accurate to the millimeter, just chill, this exercise will give you a pretty good idea about your face shape so you can make intelligent decisions when styling. It is not necessary to make your calculations exact.
4) The first part will include the calculation process we will mention but there is also a part where you will exercise your observation.
5) Your weight can affect your face shape especially if it is oval in shape, when you gain weight chances are it will be more rounded and the width of the cheeks will increase.